Discuss Filling in switch fuses on a certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Earlier I had a 3ph 32amp MCB supplying some 32amp commandos with isolators. They'd then tapped off to a 32amp fused isolator. (To supply another commando socket - I presume for local isolation)
The feed side of this was then supplying a 2w DB supplying a socket off a 16amp MCB. I've recorded the circuit feeding the commandos and then the sub DB.
But it got me thinking.
Should you do a separate (DB) on the cert each time the protective device changes????

Earlier I had a 3ph 32amp MCB supplying some 32amp commandos with isolators. They'd then tapped off to a 32amp fused isolator. (To supply another commando socket - I presume for local isolation)
The feed side of this was then supplying a 2w DB supplying a socket off a 16amp MCB. I've recorded the circuit feeding the commandos and then the sub DB.
is this existing ?are you doing a eicr.

I only tend to enter a switch-fuse if it is a distribution circuit, is it being used to isolate equipment.
I only tend to enter a switch-fuse if it is a distribution circuit, is it being used to isolate equipment.
possible sub mains ,who knows .
Its not a sub main. It's a fused interlock isolator supplying a 32amp commando socket directly below. A 10mm T and E has been taken out of the supply side to a 2w DB next to it. Main switch and 16amp MCB. This supplies a socket below.

I have recorded on test sheet the circuit supplying commandos and Interlock. The sub main DB supplying socket.

My question is should you record every time the protective device changes.

It's not my idea of doing things...…..need a single phase supply so pick up from a local 3 phase circuit point. It should have a separate supply as a single phase circuit....BUT, which regulation gives non compliance?
As regards the DB, it's been taken from a final sub circuit so what is the difference between that and a fixed fused spur.
I wouldn't treat it as separate DB with it's own schedule but make a note on the cert.
Edit. What about rcd with the socket?

Last edited:
when and why ?
Isn't that what we do with a DB??? To ensure protective devices will operate within required times???? Fuses are the same??
It's not my idea of doing things...…..need a single phase supply so pick up from a local 3 phase circuit point. It should have a separate supply as a single phase circuit....BUT, which regulation gives non compliance?
As regards the DB, it's been taken from a final sub circuit so what is the difference to that and a fixed fused spur.
I wouldn't treat it as separate DB with it's own schedule but make a note on the cert.[/QUOTE
As regards the DB, it's been taken from a final sub circuit so what is the difference to that and a fixed fused spur.
I wouldn't treat it as separate DB with it's own schedule but make a note on the cert.
Thankyou

Reply to Filling in switch fuses on a certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net