Discuss Finding correct plug cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can't believe that was my 5000th post!!

I'd have made it better if I'd have known :)

All I really need to know to wrap this thread up is the answer to the specific question:

"Would it be correct to say that for any device with a maximum input of say 4 amps @ 230V, it would be compliant to use either a 0.75mm2 cable with a 5A fused plug or a 1mm2 cable with a 10A or 13A fused plug? (so long as both are properly made to correct standards)"

No

That is not true for ANY device, depending on the cable length, application, external influences, harmonics. but for the majority of consumer devices with a 1 to 2m cord it is probably true.

Reply to Finding correct plug cable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok so live in 89 mobile home ugh I really need lots of work but I'm on disability and I cannot afford electrician but I've been working with all...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is my first post, some background first. I'm not qualified. I am comfortable with logic-level voltage and have worked a summer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies for coming here to simply ask for advice but I am not particularly electric-savvy and I don't want to make a mistake on my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, any help much appreciated here... I've two LED downlights in the kitchen and can't get them working. They work using a 2-pin plug like...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Iv been asked to pick up the remedials on someone else's EICR that was done last year on a school for Deaf Children. One of the items...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock