Discuss finding the correct switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
i was sent to tidy up the testing on friday, i.e fire alarm, and distribution circuits i forgot about etc.

i was also told to test the new cu out on the jettys of a marina. i opened panels and asked for past test sheets etc and know one new where the mcb controlling the cu out on jettys was located, so was chasing my tail..

now here's my plan, i can get to cu out on jetty and test away which has always been there but re jigged to accommodate the new circuits for sos posts and lighting bollards to new jettys..

the boss man said he can put this in as limiatation(cant find main breaker for cu) whats your thoughts.....

also there is a panel that controls 4 new cu's, which each have a a 50A breaker main switch 60947-3 is this a type B, id say so so silly question

Last edited:
Its the main switch back at the marina somewhere i can still test the from cu at marina all new ciruits installed.. But yes i cant test the dis circuit

also when testing bigger installations with bigger cables, how do you guys cross connect larger cables for R1 and R2, hmmmm

When I occasionally got forced in to doing M&Q statutory testing we had two sets of jump leads in the test kit. One set was 4 heavy-duty crocodile clips with 16mm braid between them, the other was for the “delicate” stuff, welding clamps with 70mm welding leads.
I used to hate doing stat testing, when asked if I’d take it on full time I threatened to resign on the spot.

Reply to finding the correct switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening all, I had a quick Friday afternoon domestic job that has turned into a PITA and I'd appreciate your help. While adding some new lights...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock