Discuss finished 2365 lvl 3 electrical installation now what do i do... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

im 18. i have just finished 3 years of college 2 days a week doing the 2365. i have had about 1.5 years experience working with someone. now i have just finished college this qualification cant be used as a core [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]qualification. im no longer working with the person i worked with. so now i have this qualification and dont know what to do. im about to get my 17th edition but i really have no idea what to do next can anyone help? [/FONT]

You've done well lad. Get your 17th, you don't need it as you've qualified under 17th edition regs but some employers want you to have this as well.
Now you need an nvq level 3 which is the 2357. But its work based learning so get sending letters emails even phone calls to all the sparks and contractors in your local areas asking for work as an apprentice. Government throw money at firms who take on young lads and you've already proved your interested in this industry as you've spent 3years in college. Go on apprenticeships website and apply for jobs etc. Also get booked in for your ECS health and safety test, pass it and apply for the card. You will need this on 90% of sites in the uk, if you don't have one you won't get on site!
Good luck

^^^ What amckay said.

Also: get to know people, in real life and on forums like this. Take part, contribute. I don't know if they'll let you into the trainee section - should do, if you're aiming for an NVQ, but it's not up to me - but it's well worth it, and you could add your learning experience to help those going going through the same process, both now and in the future. Add your (general) location - maybe someone in your area might be thinking of taking someone on and see this, but without knowing where you live they might not bother asking. But as the poster above said, it's mostly about getting yourself taken on as an apprentice.

You've done well to get where you are - be proud of what you've achieved, and humble about what you know. Next leg of the journey's around the corner.

You'll be reight. :)

Well done! Take the advice above! Just out of interest, where did you find that font that gets progressively smaller. I only ever seen it used by you and another bloke called Willy that used to own a chocolate factory

Reply to finished 2365 lvl 3 electrical installation now what do i do... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock