Discuss Finishing someone else’s work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

T Wilson Elec

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all new to the forum go easy,
I’ve been asked to finish a job off (going to look at it tomorrow to see how visible the install is) just wondering how we go about this? Obviously i will test before anything would be done but what to do after just issue a PIC and tell the customer to notify building control? Or just walk away
As far as I’m aware this other spark has been a major let down and not what they were after and Has since left not to return I’m told it’s first fix and that’s about it

Aico 3000
ipf

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
If it's only been first fixed, you should be able to give it a good coat of looking over. See what you think and judge accordingly. If you feel happy, go ahead.

Bob Geldoff1234

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
Be aware that the other reason the other spark didn't come back is that he didn't get paid.
Worth looking into it first?

D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
This is an interesting conundrum and one I come across at least once a month.
if the job is barely started I adopt as my own and more or less start again.
if the job is further progressed this is where it gets interesting , as you either have to adopt it as your own without seeing the cable runs etc
or issue an eicr for the house once you tie up the lose ends and that’s about all you can do...

buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Beware of wolf In sheep's clothing especially
If its warring a wolly jumper. Lol
you have to think very carefully taking on some body's work.

ipf

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Beware of wolf In sheep's clothing especially
If its warring a wolly jumper. Lol
Me you have to think very carefully taking on some body's work.
That sounds dirty, buzz!!;) but, I suppose I agree. :confused:

D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Cash up front from the home owner if the job smells fishy

T

T Wilson Elec

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
from what I’ve gathered he’s had money up front to cover first fix gear and some labour ect and has just took the Micky with the whole job and they don’t want him back and I think it’s pretty covered up as plasters outta there Friday so could be a can of worms

buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
from what I’ve gathered he’s had money up front to cover first fix gear and some labour ect and has just took the Micky with the whole job and they don’t want him back and I think it’s pretty covered up as plasters outta there Friday so could be a can of worms
There might be too sides of a story, on this.

D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
you can IR the new cables if you are concerned about damage etc

I took on half Finished rewire a few years back and I spent the first half a day IR testing all the buried cables and popping up floor boards to inspect the cabling.
it can be done

buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
If I take a job on there and then. I would ask the customer the bacs a payment in the bank after you done the testing. you never no, Just in case they knock you. Never trust a customer when they we had to get rid of him, blar blar.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Finishing someone else’s work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom