Discuss fire alarm and emergancy lighting in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

loplug

-
Reaction score
thinking of doing the following courses.
NICEIC Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems
NICEIC Emergency Lighting Fundamentals

Has any one any experience of these courses. thinking of doing them because on occasion I install fire alarms and emergency lighting, but I have no qualifications in these areas. has any one done either of these? a training provider close to me runs both these courses and I have found there courses good in the past. or would my time and money be better spent doing another qualification ?

Hi @Ioplug I am 2 days into a 3 day emergency and fire alarms course with Napit people. I imagine pretty much the same fare C&G accredited and all that. I must say I am very impressed with the standards of the layout of the BS 5839 books. They are way better than the BS7671 in terms of accessing imo. But the price is the downside £250 each! I am due to update a few members regards the course when I have finished. Watch this space.
But anyhow I have been pontificating and looking at what is available and thought the Napit version was the best bang for bucks, QED.
I have been offered work on alarms and accepted and do loadsa em. lighting stuff so thought I better get kosher. Lets hope I pass. It is good the course and it always amazes me how they shoehorn a couple of books of regs into your head in a few days. I know that is not enough but the paper is vital methinks.

Any training courses are better than none and providing the NICEIC courses are in relation to the regs and rules then it cannot be a bad thing, unless they are charging twice what the local college are?

Reply to fire alarm and emergancy lighting in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net