Discuss Fire alarm detectors-lighting in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hard wire the upstairs detector into landing light. easy ti connect in attic. make sure it's optical and not ionisation and at least 2 ft.from light, then radiolink to downstairs one/s, no wiring needed. job done.

Aico, radio linked as many have said. Half an hour max to fit 3...
and cos I'm rubbish, another half hour to set them up! No wiring, no chasing, only downside is 10 year lifespan, but hardly a major concern.

Aico, radio linked as many have said. Half an hour max to fit 3...
and cos I'm rubbish, another half hour to set them up! No wiring, no chasing, only downside is 10 year lifespan, but hardly a major concern.
All detectors should be replaced every ten years anyway.

Yes, Multimick, the do 10 year battery ones with radio link, Heat and smokes. I have fitted a few and I like them.

Andy78, I agree with what you say about lifespan. To clarify, sometimes folks baulk at the cost of the Aico radio linked ones, and their 10 year lifespan meaning they are looking at the same expense in another 10 years, however I ask them what is the price on their safety and they usually come round in the end. The lack of any need to raggle/chase/wire and redecorate makes the initial installation look very reasonable too.

Reply to Fire alarm detectors-lighting in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock