Discuss fire alarm loop resistance test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi just been asked by the fire alarm commissioning engineers to provide them with the loop resistance values of the loops i have wired for them in a large shared housing project, can anyone point me in the direction as to what i need to do to test this and what results i need to satisfy him ? this test is normally done by the fire alarm firms i have had commissioning for me in the past so i dont want to be caught out on this or look a ****.

cheers:crazy:

Pos to Pos in low ohms
screen to screen (earth conductor) in low ohms
Neg to Neg in kilohms (from this they can divide value of one device into total and get approx amount of devices fitted.

There are a couple more measurements taken also.

I am a little surprised that the fire commissioning guys are asking you to do this for them, as if i was commissioning this i would not accept your readings on my sheet. But hey everyone to there own Lol

Reply to fire alarm loop resistance test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm about to start first fixing this fire alarm in the industrial unit we are wiring, at the moment its totally empty and eventually will have a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Hi all Just a quick one. For a fire alarm loop addressable system. Fp200 1.5mm cpc 1.5mm To obtain R1+R2 would you treat the "loop" as a...
Replies
Views
I currently have a home with 7 interconnected, hard-wired smoke detectors. I have a hard-wired heat alarm in the garage that I need to have...
Replies
Views
I'm moving a socket installed on a lighting circuit (installed by previous owner who was a professional electrician so I assume he knew what he...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock