Discuss Fire alarm problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We are working in a large property with a 4 zone fire alarm system installed.
The fire panel gave up and the customer has purchased a Ctec 4 zone twin flex one which I told them to buy as Ive fitted them before but only with AlarmSense sounders/smokes.
The old system was a Envoy FCPEVC 4 zone panel.

The house has Fuleon sounder bases with Apollo series 65 heads on.

Now I presumed this system was twin flex but am I being an idiot and should be installing the conventional version?

I replaced it today and each zone goes into fault mode so its definitely something on the panel

Thanks, Jon
[automerge]1598371404[/automerge]

Attachments

• IMG_4867.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 24
The old panel is a conventional panel, by the looks of it they need a C-tec CFP panel, alternatively bus the HAES panel which does both Conventional and Bi-Wire At the flick of a switch

Hello there!

So a few days ago 2 out of my five USI electric fire alarms went off at the same time. In different areas of my condo. They were reading CO detection. It was a false alarm (for many reasons I'm certain). But they would go off periodically while connected to the hard wiring (and wouldn't if only on battery). It didn't always occur on the hard wiring but we basically had one more episode per day for the next few days and prolonged time off the hard wiring would let me put it back on the hard wiring for like 12-18 hours before it would happen randomly again. Always the same two going off. The other three have been checked and work fine on testing.

So I got new detectors. Was able to put one on without issue. The SECOND I connected the second one to the hard wiring, both went off. These are brand new detectors and there was no issue before I connected one to the hard wiring.

What the hell is going on?

Reply to Fire alarm problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net