Discuss FIRE ALARM SYSTEM HEADACHE, HONEYWELL NOTIFIER SDX-751EM addressable in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mgnelec09

Hi Friends

I have been asked to install an extra optical smoke detector in a new office.

I told the owner that there may be an issue if the system is all addressable-which later found out it is.

I also said that Im not eally into firealarm systems although have had some experience in this area on the installation side rather than the fault finding side.

Anyway he talked me into it so i got the smoke head and base, then split the loop on the fire alarm circuit.

Knowing that it was an addressable system I thought that I could duplicate the number of the smoke detector most local ie. within 3 mtrs of the new one, then it would come up on the system as the same area.

However it is flagging up a fault on the system, and saying that it is the MCP adjacent to the two smoke heads.

Once I had disabled the mcp, the system seems ok, albeit that the msg on the panel displays that the mcp is disabled.

Is there a way of clearing this? afterall the circuit has no breaks or faults, but just has an extra point?

Your input would be much appreciated.

Regards Steve

is there an end of line module that should have been moved, and have you got it wired correctly. must admit, i'm not fully conversant with addressable systems.

Not sure tel, Is there a way of finding that out? maybe there could be one insde the call point that keeps flagging up as a fault?

first of all, check that you have 24V dc at the call point. when it goes into alarm it puts approx 470 ohms acrosss the zone.

Does it sound like what I have done is correct? Should it be as simple as splitting the loop and adding the extra point or will it all need re-programming at the panel? I will check that there is 24v as you instructed.

Check the connections within the Mcp then enable the point the panel will always alert a disablement I always find I get faults with call points as some glasses don't fit properly or the push in connectors come out

The panel may come up with duplicate devices detected it will be easy just to get the programme and write in a new device as long as it's not a Protec system once laptops connected you save the programme then make your changes check if it works then save the new programme

This is an addressable system either ID50 or ID3000 and is wired in a loop. Any additional devices must be programmed or learnt into the system.
Then the text location and zone location. There are no end if line units nor resistors.
The problem you have here is that Notifer are a closed protocol system, and you will need to find a Notifier approved Company to program this panel for you.

Worked on Notifier for years, and if i remember rightly the SDX devices are actually made by System Sensor, so if you have all the info or this is a small system you could replace the panel to open protocol with Notifiers partner Morley, you would be helping the customer and yourself for future service and additions. If you need further advice just ask, hope this helps

Closed protocol mate. The only way is to get hold of the software (rocking horse s--t) or go to a company to a recognised installer to programme it for you.

Reply to FIRE ALARM SYSTEM HEADACHE, HONEYWELL NOTIFIER SDX-751EM addressable in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock