Discuss fire alarm system help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi
hope sombody could point me in the right direction.
im a elec by trade registered , test and insp etc etc but i have had little experience with fire control panels etc .
i understand that maybe i shoulnt be messing with these and its frowned upon , but i have been drawn into this by a big customer of mine,

citadel 2 zone sytem in a bed and breakfast with maybe 20+ heads / split zone 1 down stairs / zone 2 first and small second floor.

no real records / last test 2008

complaint is that the alarm went off twice yesterday (thunderstorms were nearby)

today all leds are flashing every 10 seconds on ALL sensors regardless of zone etc.

reset the sytem and the flashes remain / remove either zone from the panel and the system recognises a fault on the zone pulled .

i feel the panel is at fault but would like your opinions )

or does anybody have the manual for this model (wf senate) FIR-VFPK22SEN

nobody can remember what the panel was indicating when the fire call was raised

i am interested in the way these systems are installed / rules / dos / donts etc

best regards

hi thanks for the info
based on your user name can i ask >
are the makes all intercompatible?
ie tlc brand will work on a senate system?
cheers mike

should be if its a coventional system,just change the eol's for new panel

Last edited by a moderator:
The system install is a Rafiki twin wire alarm, CB200 made for Senate as Citedel, so unless you replace all detection, the panel will need to be replace like for like with a CB200.
The sensors are ment to flash every 20 secs or so, and when activated led stays lite until reset. Main fault with this system is contaminated detectors, suggest if alarm occurs again, silence panel only, don`t reset, and check which detector`s led is lit and change that detector. Can message manual if required.

The system install is a Rafiki twin wire alarm, CB200 made for Senate as Citedel, so unless you replace all detection, the panel will need to be replace like for like with a CB200.
The sensors are ment to flash every 20 secs or so, and when activated led stays lite until reset. Main fault with this system is contaminated detectors, suggest if alarm occurs again, silence panel only, don`t reset, and check which detector`s led is lit and change that detector. Can message manual if required.

oops,didnt see the model number,might need them glasses sooner than i thought,as tazz says if you need a new panel change like for like.

Had to look twice myself, as Rafiki make a conventional for Senate aswell

Reply to fire alarm system help in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock