Discuss Fire Rated LED down lights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know this gets done to death, but just some light debate (see what I did there!).

Been fervent installer of JCC FGLED down lights, mainly because of push fit connections and ten year warranty. I have used some other manufacturers, Scolmore Inceptor, but mainly JCC.

However, recently my wholesaler has decided to stop stocking the FGLED6, because of failures. I've just used some Hybrid 9's, which were ok, but they being like the FGLED 10's are limited to no's on circuit and a bit pricey, so I'm looking for new manufacturers (didn't like the look of the Hybrid 7 lense).

My wholesaler stocks the Enlite E5 & 8, but another sparks told be they are a bit awkward to terminate.

What's your preferred weapon of choice?

Never heard of them, look quite compact. Do they have an additional driver, or are they as displayed? http://ecostar.photonstarlighting.c...coStar_-_Eco600_-_Data_Sheets_V2017_03_29.pdf

They have a separate driver which comes pre-wired to a plug and socket connection similar to the click flow connector. They do the usual tilt, anti glare versions, emergency packs and suchlike.
They also produce an adaptor plate to fit them in to bigger holes from old eyeball fittings which I've found quite useful.

They also aren't generally available online, so if a customer wants to check the price they have to ask an electrical wholesalers. This way you know that the customer can't find them cheaper online and try to knock your price.

They also aren't generally available online, so if a customer wants to check the price they have to ask an electrical wholesalers. This way you know that the customer can't find them cheaper online and try to knock your price.

You sly old dog :) The only issue for me, is I see the drivers not coverable with insulation, which would be an issue for me, 'cos I mainly do kitchen and bathroom refurbs. Need a singular product. Thanks for the recommendation.

Done it a friggin again, defno need that drink :oops:

Last edited:
They look good DS especially the designed and produced in the UK bit.

They look good DS especially the designed and produced in the UK bit.

The company was set up by photon star who make commercial LED lighting to produce smaller, lower priced products to compete in the domestic/small commercial type market.

I've been using them for around 6years and never yet had a failure,

I use ksr qr10 which are similar in style to the ones davesparks linked to.
They do a colour selectable model too.

I ve fitted quite a few E5 and E8s, there decent fittings that can be covered in insulation.
Install is slightly fiddly at 1st but does gets quicker.
Not quite as fast as a JCC!

You sly old dog :) The only issue for me, is I see the drivers not coverable with insulation, which would be an issue for me, 'cos I mainly do kitchen and bathroom refurbs. Need a singular product. Thanks for the recommendation.

Done it a friggin again, defno need that drink :oops:

Are any drivers suitable to be covered with insulation? Personally I wouldn't do it, they get hot when they operate and work best when they are cool.

Are any drivers suitable to be covered with insulation? Personally I wouldn't do it, they get hot when they operate and work best when they are cool.

The likes of JCC etc, are permitted to be covered with insulation. Their drivers are integral with the luminaire, and the design of it allows for air space around them to keep them cooler, allegedly!

Fire Rated LED down lights {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I ve fitted quite a few E5 and E8s, there decent fittings that can be covered in insulation.
Install is slightly fiddly at 1st but does gets quicker.
Not quite as fast as a JCC!

Ok, that's what my sparks chum alluded to. See the lumen output compare to;
E5 to FGLED 3, E8 to FGLED 6 (ish) .

I know this gets done to death, but just some light debate (see what I did there!).

Been fervent installer of JCC FGLED down lights, mainly because of push fit connections and ten year warranty. I have used some other manufacturers, Scolmore Inceptor, but mainly JCC.

However, recently my wholesaler has decided to stop stocking the FGLED6, because of failures. I've just used some Hybrid 9's, which were ok, but they being like the FGLED 10's are limited to no's on circuit and a bit pricey, so I'm looking for new manufacturers (didn't like the look of the Hybrid 7 lense).

My wholesaler stocks the Enlite E5 & 8, but another sparks told be they are a bit awkward to terminate.

What's your preferred weapon of choice?
It seems like you like fitting these JCC fittings have you raised your concerns with them. We fit a lot of LED fittings all top makes Thorn, Thorlux, Sylvania etc. and always get some fittings stop working mainly driver. So it seems that even paying the inflated prices for these lights (£290 for LED fitting) you still have ones that fail and they only give year guarantee from day of purchase.

As an e.g. fitted some JCC 6's for a mate. One went in a bathroom, flickering. Replaced it (removed insulation above, not near joist etc), things gone again 6mths later. Will check the batch code, apparently a lot manufactured late 2014 were the problem.

I don't vast quantities, but some that fit hundreds, are fed up with the high turn over failure rate.

Reply to Fire Rated LED down lights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock