Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss First Commercial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nrd

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Welcome all,

This is my first post on this Forum and also first major commercial work.

New supply 3x 200A is to be established in a 5th floor building. There are 6 consumer units on each floor and 3 fusegears (two 3x45A and one 3x63A).
EDF sent a letter with drawing of a new supply arrangement. On a drawing tails runs from main head/cut-out to Ryefield DB and from DB to meters. Thing is there gonna be one 3phase(or three on each phase) meter but on a drawing as I think they presumed there is 6 or more (additional for three 3phase isolators) meters.

The question is wether I can run tails from cut-out to meter first and from meter to Ryefield DB, make a bridge connection there for three isolator wich have fuses inside. In Reyfield DB there would be fuses for 6 consumer units only
Another solution is to fit 3x200A Isolator without Ryefield DB ?

I tried to contact EDF technical department but it wasnt easy:)

Cheers
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
A

adamh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
either way you want the meters before teh isolator unless your using analgoue ones i dont really understand the question sure sum 1 will.

W

wayne

this is a complicated post ,what i dont get is usually you run from cut out to meters to distribrution, then if you want to add meters,per distribution , go ahead
i'm definitly no expert on this but i advise you to get clarification with edf otherwise they could be delays

S

spurscarper

hi nrd,

can you email me and I will look at it, can you do a sketch and photo thing of what you are trying to do

[email protected]

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to First Commercial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom