Discuss First fix in a OMB (Sterling Board) House in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JP303

Hi All , wonder if anyone can shed some light on this ? ,
we've just landed a job on a massive 4 bed house that's entirely built from sterling board , outside walls , inside walls , roof the lot , so conventional wiring methods are not an option in some areas as we have no joists to run cables in , just huge vaulted ceilings that will have 2 plasterboards put straight on top , . We need to get cables to motorised velux windows and lights but have been told we can't break the integrity of the sterling board ?
These houses are the type being built in Canada , U.S.A, and other places , we can't find any information\literature on how best to Wire the more difficult areas while keeping in line with U. K regs .
Any ideas or previous experience will be appreciated .

Reply to First fix in a OMB (Sterling Board) House in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Just about to move into a house with 2 small kids and the wiring/electrics haven't been updated in years (hard to know as it's probate)...
Replies
Views
These are going to become the norm aren't they? I've been reading this...
Replies
Views
I’m in the process of changing my old downlights in the bathroom , I put them in years ago with advice from my late father who was a sparky, these...
Replies
Views
Background is we are selling our house and moving out of state. I've been fixing big and little things and painting for several months now, as...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock