Discuss first for me in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the pict

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
At a recent job, I found that the timber back board the CU was fixed to was totally infested with woodworm to the extent that the CU will eventually fall of the wall, weird or what never had an insect related job before, C2 if it was a inspection I suppose thoughts anyone
Pict

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
you neeed to rectify that situation immediately. can't have woodworm being electrocuted willy-nilly. what will the RSPCA think?

OP
the pict

the pict

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I suppose if they are the propery of the home owner they could beclassed as livestock, and that opens up a whole new can of worms

Pict

S

steveberry11

C1 as the CU must be full of wood dust from the worm. Any source of ignition up it goes. Urgent replacement required.

OP
the pict

the pict

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
When I had the power off I hoovered out the cu, but the point is well made Steve
Pict

jdd

Regular EF Member
Whilst a valid point, I don't think it poses IMMEDIATE danger, so I would code 2
It would obviously be down to the engineer on site, but I'd agree. I've always worked on the thinking that if you can touch it and get a shock or is showing signs of thermal damage it is a code 1 (common sense to be applied as well.)

sparkymalarky

Regular EF Member
There is no danger in its present state so it is not a C1, however it is definitely a latent defect so it would be a C2. Further investigation may also be required to see where the little fellas are coming from!

R

Rauer

I suppose if they are the propery of the home owner they could beclassed as livestock, and that opens up a whole new can of worms

Pict
That must mean it is now classed as a special location! So you must make sure that board is in a sarel box !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk