Discuss first for me in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
At a recent job, I found that the timber back board the CU was fixed to was totally infested with woodworm to the extent that the CU will eventually fall of the wall, weird or what never had an insect related job before, C2 if it was a inspection I suppose thoughts anyone
Pict

you neeed to rectify that situation immediately. can't have woodworm being electrocuted willy-nilly. what will the RSPCA think?

Whilst a valid point, I don't think it poses IMMEDIATE danger, so I would code 2

It would obviously be down to the engineer on site, but I'd agree. I've always worked on the thinking that if you can touch it and get a shock or is showing signs of thermal damage it is a code 1 (common sense to be applied as well.)

There is no danger in its present state so it is not a C1, however it is definitely a latent defect so it would be a C2. Further investigation may also be required to see where the little fellas are coming from!

Reply to first for me in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Recently visited a new build to do a very minor job and spotted a few dodgy looking items so Client asked me to do an EICR. Following items I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Was speaking to a family member recently, he told me his iron recently made a bang and flash as he plugged it in to the socket, and could...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
I commissioned an EICR to be done on a property that is in Wales as this is now a requirement in order to let on any new tenancies after 1st...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock