Discuss First G59 Application/Notification - Any Suggestions/Help.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jwulster

Hi All,
Recently completed our first 10kWp solar PV system but as we kept it at under 16A per phase it was a G83 notification. I am quoting for a 20kWP system that I stand a very good chance of winning so need to know what is involved with a G59 installation. I know about the technical side with string fuses etc but need to know about contact with the DNO prior to installation.
Thanks in advance...

Jonny

Hi All,
Recently completed our first 10kWp solar PV system but as we kept it at under 16A per phase it was a G83 notification. I am quoting for a 20kWP system that I stand a very good chance of winning so need to know what is involved with a G59 installation. I know about the technical side with string fuses etc but need to know about contact with the DNO prior to installation.
Thanks in advance...

Jonny

only have experience with sweb and southern , they are both really helpful but southern have a few weeks back log now , you are only wanting to put 10 kettles worth of power into the grid and they have to make sure its upto it give the dno a ring if your close you can always pop in for a chat

Make friends with DNO first, you will still need to put in a formal application but knowing who is dealing with it never hurts. You also need to put in provision for a G59 relay into your price, just in case the DNO requests one of these, as well as provision for them to witness test the relay. The latter may not be required but you won't know until your G59 application is replied to by the DNO.

Reply to First G59 Application/Notification - Any Suggestions/Help.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock