Discuss First NIC assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ive got my first NIC assessment coming up and a couple of my jobs (that i was going to provide the assessor with) have previously been signed off through the company i used to work for. Will this be an issue even if i did all the works? Would the assessor even check if the job has been signed off on his database or would he just go through my unbranded test certificate on the day and make sure it is satisfactory?
Tia

I guess so, but what im asking is does the assessor check on his database if the job has been notified or would he be more interested in if its compliant?
It's a fundamental requirement that the work has been carried out by the enterprise being assessed.

It's a fundamental requirement that the work has been carried out by the enterprise being assessed.
Yeah I totally understand that! They dont make it easy for us, any notifiable work cost like £300 for someone from the council to come and look at so if i have to provide 5 jobs then thats £1500 even before paying the scheme fees

There is every chance they will want to see proof of notification and the process of notification.

If your name is on the certificate as the installer and actually has been notified I don't see there being an issue. I did exactly the same when I first went with Stroma and they were fine with it.

There is every chance they will want to see proof of notification and the process of notification.
I also assumed that so phoned up to ask and the lady on the phone replied “were not the part p police” ive also seen online that you can say that you were planning on notifying after joining the scheme (if you were accepted)

Last edited:
A friend of mine used his own fuse board change he did years ago for his NiC domestic assessment

I don't think they had any issues with it , he is NiC now and has been for a few years

A friend of mine used his own fuse board change he did years ago for his NiC domestic assessment

I don't think they had any issues with it , he is NiC now and has been for a few years
Easy peasy then!!

Yes they do check if building control have been notified or at least my assessor does, do you know his name as it maybe the same assessor as I have. The women on the phone are awful/useless they haven't got a clue and always advise you incorrectly or again in my case they do.

From my experience with the Nic just make sure all your administration is on order.
The jobsite itself is pretty irrelevant.
My old company used a half finished rewire once o_O

I guess so, but what im asking is does the assessor check on his database if the job has been notified or would he be more interested in if its compliant?
Going to cost you £600 ish to find out mate, why don’t you just play safe and do ya own job?

Going to cost you £600 ish to find out mate, why don’t you just play safe and do ya own job?
Im a new company havent had many installs as of yet. Its hard fiding work without being accredited also.
Yes they do check if building control have been notified or at least my assessor does, do you know his name as it maybe the same assessor as I have. The women on the phone are awful/useless they haven't got a clue and always advise you incorrectly or again in my case they do.
for the yearly check i could understand that but i dont see how they could check if bc has been notified as you could of completed the job the day before for example.

Errrr

Do you own a home or live at home ?

Just change your fuse board for a swanky new rcbo board

Bingo your first job ;)
Im not sure if it’s because its my first assessment or if they have changed the rules but on my letter that they sent it say any work in your own property would not be acceptable. As long as they are happy with minor works and eicr’s i should be fine! Fingers crossed

Reply to First NIC assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock