Discuss First NICEIC Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive got my first NICEIC Approved assessment coming up with Tim Leibe. Ive been with Elecsa in the past but decided to go for the full scope.

Just wondering what to expect, questions he may ask and if anyone has had dealings with Tim in the past?

Any help would be great.

With Elecsa and NICEIC its the same assessors, they just press a different button on their ipad to generate the right paperwork, Just make sure all your paperwork is upto scratch,Dont talk too much and let them ask questions and dont come across as a plum, that is the key. As long as you know your main stuff you'll be okay.
Whatever you show them, ensure your test results are in line with the paperwork and certificates.

I always try to ask a few questions about some things I'm not 100% sure about - makes the assessor feel needed and distracts him from asking awkward questions. Disconnection times is always a favourite topic so worth boning up on.
And when your doing your practical tests get him to help, passing tools or holding the lid from the CU - makes him feel useful!

They also are meant to try and give you tips and advice when testing, so when doing something expect them to stop you and show a little shortcut or something daft... On my first one, he suggested testing end to end on a ring at a socket with faceplate removed in the lounge as it was more accessible than the consumer unit that was very low and far back in a cupboard.

Thanks for this guys!

Sounds very similar to the Elecsa assessments, i just thought they might go a bit deeper into testing etc.
Ill squat up on a few things.
Will i be expected to know any certain formulas etc?

Reply to First NICEIC Assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock