Discuss fish tank light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

halken

lamp 095.jpg

I wonder if anyone could tell me how to wire this fish tank light up for my daughters fish tank. i was told it is unused but i have no idea how to wire it up. there is a 2 core power cable and 2 two core lamp holder cables.

thanks in advance and if i,m on the wrong forum would the mods delete the post.

cheers Kenny

this may help.

Wiring-diagram-of-Fluorescent-Tube-Light-.JPG

If you use the pick tel has put up as a guide , look at the end caps if they are wired in blue and brown as i think they are then it could get confusing as you are going to have to mix the colours , ill try and explain the 2 tube end caps connect each of the browns to the two connectors of the terminal block with the starter connected , thats the little round cylinder in the holder then slevee one of the blues with brown sleeve so it becomes a live and connect it to one of the ballast terminals of the terminal block then connect the blue to one of the free terminals this is where the neutral of the mains lead connects then connect the live of the mains lead to the remaining ballast terminal , if the mains cable has an earth, green and yellow terminal this should be connected to the ballast casing , hope that helps look at it in conjunction with tels picture

If you use the pick tel has put up as a guide , look at the end caps if they are wired in blue and brown as i think they are then it could get confusing as you are going to have to mix the colours , ill try and explain the 2 tube end caps connect each of the browns to the two connectors of the terminal block with the starter connected , thats the little round cylinder in the holder then slevee one of the blues with brown sleeve so it becomes a live and connect it to one of the ballast terminals of the terminal block then connect the blue to one of the free terminals this is where the neutral of the mains lead connects then connect the live of the mains lead to the remaining ballast terminal , if the mains cable has an earth, green and yellow terminal this should be connected to the ballast casing , hope that helps look at it in conjunction with tels picture

Nick and tel thanks very much its working great and i could follow your instructions

thanks lads
Kenny

Reply to fish tank light in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net