Discuss FiT application: Impressed with EDF in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

and

Had my 3.92kW system commissioned last Thursday.

Spoke to EDF on the phone last Weds, they then emailed me the application form.

Was advised to fill the form out completely and correctly or it will risk to be rejected and delayed!

Duly filled in the application form in rough on Friday once I had received my final invoice and MCS cert (by email) and then re-phoned EDF and went through every section of the form in detail with a very helpful person to make sure it was all correct.

Was advised to send the form back via registered post (or whatever it is these days) and was told that the forms get looked at fairly promptly, date stamped if all is correct, rejected if incorrect.

Just to be extra sure about my application arriving and not containing errors, I drove down to EDF at Exeter this morning from Bristol to hand in my form in person.

A helpful EDF person checked all the details of my application – all good except one detail on the MCS cert: the installer had put 3.95kW instead of 3.92kW.

He said they would contact the installer and get him to amend the MCS cert and get him to send them a corrected version, but that was a minor detail and all was ok with my application. He duly printed me out my receipt with date stamp and reference number.

I got home to find an updated MCS cert emailed to me, I phoned EDF and they confirmed that they had a copy of this corrected MCS cert and reconfirmed that my application is fine: FiT will be payable as of today, 7 Nov from yesterday’s Gen Meter reading of 10kWh.

They said expect to wait a while though to have all this processed.

Really impressed by the helpfulness of the EDF Green Energy Team, the quickness in which they answered the phone and friendliness this morning at their office.

Really hassle-free!

3 weeks and counting with EON. Have to say though I've been able to get thru to them quickly, first to confirm receipt of application, second to enquire on progress (not a lot..). They have been friendly and helpful - rang me back as promised.
Just rather snowed with paperwork I think.

We have our Fit with EDF, great on the phone, rubbish at making payment. I'm still waiting for mine for a reading on 24th September, they did the same with the first payment and I don't recommend them to any of our customers.

I don't anticipate a payment anytime soon from EDF, they did say "several weeks" ... just happy to have had my application officially accepted!

Any FiTs supplier should be good at registering new customers as it means £60 straight in their back pocket (£95 for the small companies).

Where you not able to email all the documents through? I spoke with EDF last week (install date 19-11-11) and asked a few questions. I was told that i could email everything to them and if there was an error on the form it would not matter, they would take the email date and amend later. Think i'll ring up and go through every section like yourself.

Cheers for the info.

Any FiTs supplier should be good at registering new customers as it means £60 straight in their back pocket (£95 for the small companies).

Shame some aren't very good at parting with it afterwards. It annoys me every time EDF do it. I'm due £600 this time and the next reading is almost due in. British Gas and Eon regularly pay within 2 -3 weeks.

I didn't know about the email option! Didn't think to ask! Certainly useful to go through every detail with them on the phone to be sure.

Well the £60 they get might well explain their helpful attitude!

If I haven't heard anything by the New Year about payments, I'll chase it up!

Where you not able to email all the documents through? I spoke with EDF last week (install date 19-11-11) and asked a few questions. I was told that i could.

I too spoke with EDF last week to obtain a FIT form from them - they are my energy supplier at present. I was told I could scan everything and email it to them. Alternative is to post the document pack - recorded delivery recommended. The lady I spoke to was indeed very helpful.

Believe it or not we're right on the England/Scotland border, orientation 51 degrees East, pitch 30 degrees. Sharp 180's with SB400tl it's way exceeded what we anticipated. 3573 in a full year. Imagine what it would have been with better panels ....

Shame some aren't very good at parting with it afterwards. It annoys me every time EDF do it. I'm due £600 this time and the next reading is almost due in. British Gas and Eon regularly pay within 2 -3 weeks.

I think those who have Solar PV installations already should be thankful that they are in "the system" - at least they will get the generous FiTs payment - better to have to wait than get none at all !!

It would appear there are many suppliers who make you wait 60-90days for your payment with others paying you very quickly, however like I said does it really matter as long as you get it ??

Last edited by a moderator:
i also sent my aplication by registerd post and phoned up a couple of days later and they said they have recieved it and will get paid from the date recieved

.. by registerd post...they said they have received it and will get paid from the date recieved
Energy Saving Trust: Fact Sheet on the proposed changes to Solar PV Feed-in-Tariff rates

Last updated 31 October 2011.

"The eligibility date is the date from which an installation becomes eligible for FITs payments.
For the vast majority of PV installations (all that have a declared net capacity of 50kW or less), this will be the date your FIT licensee (FIT energy supplier) receives a valid application for FITs."

Royal Mail Track and Trace tells one when it was received and gives a time-stamp. It is not so much knowing if the application was received but whether it was accepted as a VALID application.
On 25Nov2011 the EDF phone kept repeating regularly every half minute approx "Your call has now moved further forward in the Q. Pls hold a little longer and you will be connected to an adviser".
The first initial check, we understand, is that your FITs start generation meter reading was taken on the day the application was signed and sent to EDF.
It is rumoured the British Gas FIT Application form is only 2 pages long against EDFs verbose seven pages.

Yep basically the same info tho, just spread out a bit more.

Just got my Fit payment from EDF exactly 2 months after I sent it in. My customers who I suggested went with Eon have all had theirs within 3 weeks.

Update on my EDF fit application
Install date 19 nov
Application sent via email 21 nov
Letter acknowledging the application 26 nov
Application correct and approved 02 Dec

Big sigh of relief

I did actually leave my account number off the application but they must have sorted that out themself from the address. Was expecting a phone call to ask for it. Never had a letter that is going to be worth so much money!

Reply to FiT application: Impressed with EDF in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net