Discuss Fitting a new WiFi thermostat in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I'm not a plumber but a DIY'r, so wondering if any of you could help me out please.
I have bought a static caravan and it has a 'Ariston E-Combi Evo - 24EU' boiler in it but this has a thermostat which is fitted to the boiler itself.
I wuld like to change it for a WiFi one so I could put it in a more realistic place as the caravan is either boiling hot or freezing.
I have looked at a 'Drayton +3RF' thermostat which comes complete with the reciever and the Thermostat, so could anyone please advise as to what wires go where and is there anything I should look out for.

I have electrical knowledge so no problems on that score (I worked underground as a mining electrician), it's just if I have to loop things across or anything else.

Thanks

The new rf stat will come in 2 parts.. the stat and the receiver..
The receiver will be located at the boiler which will replace the existing hard wired stat - 2 wires.. the receiver will also probably need perm' L+N unless it is battery powered..
What type of router are you using? some of the 4g routers are hit and miss with port forwarding, or did you not mean to say wifi? just rf?

as the caravan is either boiling hot or freezing.

Welcome to the world of caravan ownership.

If it’s a full centrally heated caravan with a combo boiler, the room stat is generally in the lounge, not on the boiler which will possibly be in a cupboard.
As @Charlie_ suggests, battery powered RF stat would be possible.
If you are looking at internet control for your heating (hive, nest etc) caravan parks have notoriously terrible Wi-fi systems... unless you can get your own line put in or go with 4G somehow.

on a lot of caravan boilers there is no room stat as such, just a setting integral with the boiler. the boiler may have terminals for room stat, currently linked out.

Sorry, the new room stat I am looking to fit is RF, the model is Digistat+3RF.
The existing stat is fitted to the boiler in the boiler cupboard.
So I will need to run a 240V supply to the reciever (which will fit in the cupboard next to the boiler - but not too close to it in case of RF interference) and the room stat (Battery operated) which is RF will go into any room I want it to in the caravan (but not above a radiator). Is this correct?
I am still a little unsure of the internal wiring (apart from running a new 240V supply to the reciever) though.
Thanks

on a lot of caravan boilers there is no room stat as such, just a setting integral with the boiler. the boiler may have terminals for room stat, currently linked out.
This is my confusing bit???? this is where we currently turn on/off the heating and boiler.

Reply to Fitting a new WiFi thermostat in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock