Discuss Fitting a small 'garage' DB in external meter cabinet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chronyx

Just been to look at a hot tub job, and the C.U. is built into the kitchen cabinets, with the tails running up the inside of the cavity wall from the external meter cabinet.

To save ripping their kitchen to pieces I'd like to just use Henley blocks to install a new small CU and tails. I am aware though that this cabinet is sometimes classed as DNO equipment.

Any advice would be appreciated!

the cabinet is not DNO's. it belongs to the householder. DNO don't like stuff being fitted to their meter board, but since deregularisation, let them argue, as the head belongs to DNO and the meter to the supplier. so who owns the board they're fitted to?

Thank you telectrix. That makes life much easier (And the job cheaper...win win)

The fuse tags were already cut when I got there though, officer....:angel_smile:

Thank you telectrix. That makes life much easier (And the job cheaper...win win)

The fuse tags were already cut when I got there though, officer....:angel_smile:
And the fuse just happened to fall out at exactly the right moment which meant you didn't have to work live. How the hell it got refitted is anyone's guess

A bit harsh lads I must say it is a forum with free exchange of views , open discussion and friendly chit chat . Just because he has not made a big input into your thread of education surely there is no need to castigate the poor chap

Heyuppp ...... Where's Dingledanglegong gone??

Lost on maneuvers??

Missing in action???

Escaped / absconded???? :confused: . :sad3:

There was a thread that went pear-shaped earlier and Paul stepped in and pulled the plug on it.:angel_smile:

I have just taken him off my ignore list so I can rip his posts apart before he comes back lol, I will then stick him back on the list after :grin:

Reply to Fitting a small 'garage' DB in external meter cabinet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net