Discuss Fitting an spd random question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all,
I’m hoping someone could give me some advice on what’s the correct way or the done thing when fitting an spd.
I’ll be fitting a new Hager 40 way consumer unit to my house following an extension and I’ve been out the loop a bit with the domestic side of things over the past few years (20 years experience but more on industrial) I’ve been looking into fitting an spd into the board which would sit nicely to the right side of the main incomer but it’s made me wonder about the neutrals and earths, as the first breaker (all rcbos) will be next to the incomer would you class that as 1 when connecting the earths and neutrals or would you start at 3 as it’ll be in that position that 3 with the spd fitted? I feel it should be 1 but has made me wonder.

The board I’ve bought is this one
It’s a reasonable sized 5 bed house (extension has added an extra 70%)
I’ve gone a bit over the top with some of the circuits, extra radials for 2 lots of a/c next year and separate circuits for 5 areas of underfloor heating, plus other bits. Using 26 ways so plenty of space for an internal SPD.

The earth from the spd in a hager board is in it's own terminal on the earth Bar, on the hager design 10 I fitted this earth was labelled B.
The earth terminations from each circuit then went from 1-12 respectively.

Reply to Fitting an spd random question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Now that SPD's must be fitted regardless, how does this stand from a sub-main perspective? Went to look at a job and they want a supply to a pre...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Following the tragic tale from @telectrix about lightning damage to phones and modem leading to a serious loss of beer money I decided to take a...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock