Discuss Fitting dual split/supply Crabtree CU for all circuits and eco7 .. two EIC's or one? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

arcbrightmike

Hello and good evening everyone. I am changing the consumer unit in the flat which I am renting for Napit to come and inspect to complete my registration. I am fitting a dual split/supply Crabtree CU with RCBO's for all circuits and a separate mains switch for eco7 also with RCBO's all incorporated inside the one Consumer Unit. Napit are going to want to see the EIC(s) for them even if it hasn't been notified yet and I am a little bit unsure about the best way of certifying the CU? I would also need to label the circuit designation with the correct numbers. If it was on one cert, then how would you arrange the number labels? Thanks in advance.

Re: Fitting dual split/supply Crabtree CU for all circuits and eco7 .. two EIC's or o

Arrange the number labels to suit yourself as long as it ends up doing what it says on the tin so to speak.

One EIC for each CU and its corresponding circuits. Reading your post i cant work out if you are fitting 1 or 2 CU's.

Cheers...........Howard

Re: Fitting dual split/supply Crabtree CU for all circuits and eco7 .. two EIC's or o

Yes sorry, I am fitting one CU. On the ECO7 side, do I need to number them starting from 1 again or carry on from the other side and title the off peak on the schedule of test results?

I would say just one cert as it is just 1 CU, the economy 7 has the esame supply characteristics, it is just charged at a different rate through a seperate meter.
On the cert write the numbers 1-6 or however many cicuits you have, then write in details of the 2nd main switch, then numbers 1-5 or etc for the eco7 circuits

Reply to Fitting dual split/supply Crabtree CU for all circuits and eco7 .. two EIC's or one? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net