Discuss Fixed Equipment Spur - ring final circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pmosely

Now - up to about ten min's ago - i thought I had this install sussed- I'm a bit tired so I may just be misunderstanding some of the posts on this forum - I've also been out of the electrical game for about twenty years and just r*********** so need some support please - hence me checking and double checking the forums.

I am to provide a supply to a pond (pump and filter). I was going to run a 1.5mm SWA cable spur from an FCU from the existing RCD protected ring final circuit - as per diagram on Appendix 15 page 362. Its about mid point of the ring and the run from the ring (fused spur) to the multi-way fuse box in the garden is about 8 meters. Some of the posts suggest there is a limit of 3m? Ref: page 74 of regs (433.2.2)? To me this refers to where the actual protective device can be located no further than 3m from the csa reduction and you cant have anything spurred off this 3m bit of cable - I'm tapping direct off the ring anyhow and not from a socket! Please advise if what I'm planning is ok - thanks all

tapping off the ring, not the socket??? are you planning to extend the ring?? Can't do that with the material you've listed. Or have i misunderstood.

if you are fitting a 13A FCU in the ring then 1.5 mm out to the pond, there is no way you can overload the 1.5mm. nothing wrong in my eyes.

That regulation does not apply to a fused spur from an 'A1 ring final circuit'.

The On-Site Guide gives a 'rule of thumb' for unfused spur length of '1/8 the cable length from the spur to the furthest point of the ring'.

Obviously voltage drop limits still apply to all lengths of run.

Now - up to about ten min's ago - i thought I had this install sussed- I'm a bit tired so I may just be misunderstanding some of the posts on this forum - I've also been out of the electrical game for about twenty years and just r*********** so need some support please - hence me checking and double checking the forums.

I am to provide a supply to a pond (pump and filter). I was going to run a 1.5mm SWA cable spur from an FCU from the existing RCD protected ring final circuit - as per diagram on Appendix 15 page 362. Its about mid point of the ring and the run from the ring (fused spur) to the multi-way fuse box in the garden is about 8 meters. Some of the posts suggest there is a limit of 3m? Ref: page 74 of regs (433.2.2)? To me this refers to where the actual protective device can be located no further than 3m from the csa reduction and you cant have anything spurred off this 3m bit of cable - I'm tapping direct off the ring anyhow and not from a socket! Please advise if what I'm planning is ok - thanks all

Can I ask what is this multi-way fuse box that is going to be fed from a 1.5mm SWA off a Ring final circuit
via a FCU?

Should I mention that this work is notifiable as well........................

certain members have stated they're not renewing scam memberships and carrying on regardless. UP THE REVOLUTION!

Reply to Fixed Equipment Spur - ring final circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net