Discuss Fixed wiring tests - UK in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BIGEYE

Can anyone tell me if fixed wiring tests include the inspection & testing of three phase motors and starting equipment, or does it only cover building services, eg lighting, sockets, etc.

Bigeye,

the 'fixed wiring tests' are just testing the building infrastructure wiring.

Three phase motors and starting equipment would need testing seperately. If its an old star delta starter then the motor would be isolated when you the building is being tested anyway. if its s modern invertor or VSD (or even a soft starter with a BPC) then you would certainly wanted it disconnected/isolated when testing the building (thyristors really dont like the 500V applied during the insulation tests!)

Reply to Fixed wiring tests - UK in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Yes, we all know it is In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment now... We are thinking of sending our technician on a course to...
Replies
Views
Looking to use this brooks Compton motor as a replacement in an electric cement mixer. can anyone tell me if it is designed to operate off a...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock