Discuss Fixing Sanyo N240 panels in landscape in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

starcott

I read somewhere that when mounting in a landscape format, most panel manufacturers do not recommend that their panels are clamped on the short side.

Is this case with the Sanyo N240 model and if so do Sanyo recommend using vertical rails?

John

When you say 'get lucky with your timbers', do you mean that fixing vertical rails at the correct spacing will be difficult if the trusses are in the wrong place?
What spacing would be ideal?
My installer has not mentioned anything about positioning of rails. Where can i find some information to download to show him that Sanyo panels should not be mounted on the short side?

The trusses are 400 mm spacing. When you say they are likely to be OK, do you mean for fixing rails vertically. What spaces do you recommend between the rails for a panel which is 1580 mm on the long side?

We have installed quite a few landscape systems with vertical mounted rails on 300-400mm spaced rafters and always managed to mount the panels within the manufacturers specified mounting positions. A cruciform mounting system is more expensive, takes longer to install and doesn't look so neat.

I think the original poster is talking about the N Series of panels.

Depending on how many panels are going to installed. I think you may have been really lucky to have the panels land within the tolerance of the mounting positions of the frames.

I often look but we very rarely find an occasion where we can get the panels to sit where we want them if we install with vertical rails on the rafters.

I agree that cruciform is expensive, labour intensive and not as attractive as standard mounting methods.

Reply to Fixing Sanyo N240 panels in landscape in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net