Discuss FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And DAB Radio Recommendations Thread) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And DAB Radio Recommendations Thread) 1567705923020 - EletriciansForums.net

FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The ElectriciansForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tiling threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting adhesive all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers climbing around with them (usually?), so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over ÂŁ200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself to see if you get a reply. :D

Last edited:
I'll request Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine... only for the slim chance that the station plays the original version and not the highly censored, radio friendly version....

Just like our local radio station did at 8pm on a Saturday night request show..... Epic fail!:oops: :eek:

I just spent the weekend listening online while doing some home improvements.
Not bad. Good mix of music and features. Better than my local radio at the weekends anyway.

can this dab thing fix my fav. station so it can be listened to > 20 miles from base? as it's not bbc local, it's output is limited by government. is that not restrictive practice? bbc local stations are good up to 60+ miles.

can this dab thing fix my fav. station so it can be listened to > 20 miles from base? as it's not bbc local, it's output is limited by government. is that not restrictive practice? bbc local stations are good up to 60+ miles.
Nobody, especially a station or technology, can fix any of your problems mate. :)

What's the station you listen to? I'll see if I can find a feed online for you.

XS Manchester. but i don't have internet in the van. that's when i have XS playing.

XS Manchester. but i don't have internet in the van. that's when i have XS playing.
I install one of these in our cars: PUMPKIN 7" Android 9.0 Double Din Car Stereo 4GB RAM: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk: - https://www.amazon.co.uk/PUMPKIN-Android-Bluetooth-Support-Fastboot-2-din/dp/B07KDZSLVR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=41PGWL2HX80D&keywords=pumpkin+radio+android&qid=1567969510&s=gateway&sprefix=pumpkin+radio%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOFBSTEkxUlo4VFVJJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTY0Njk0M0xKVktNTk5VVVNIWiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDMzNTkyMjIyTjExV1U3MUFKMiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

And there's a single din version too.

Then use a phone to give it internet, or bluetooth the phone to it whilst the phone is playing the podcast or radio or whatever. We even have netflix and amazon prime on them, so when we're stuck in traffic we can stick something on that we're watching at home. Good for camping when it starts raining while you're out etc. Take 20 minutes dry off and head back out somewhere.

That all said, you need a connection still. You can get a 3G sim in them etc but that's a whole new bill to keep track of etc.

Do you not have a phone that has internet then? Can't believe you've got so many posts by booting up a computer all these years, surely?! lol

Got DAB in my van and used a next base adapter but I changed the aerial to a proper dabe active one on the roof and have never had an issue like the useless window ones. And have a festool DAB radio for work and for such a small unit it packs quite a punch and I would recommend as doesn't take up much space like my old dewalt one did.
Im showing my age as usually listen to magic radio.

Got DAB in my van and used a next base adapter but I changed the aerial to a proper dabe active one on the roof and have never had an issue like the useless window ones. And have a festool DAB radio for work and for such a small unit it packs quite a punch and I would recommend as doesn't take up much space like my old dewalt one did.
Im showing my age as usually listen to magic radio.
Is this like your one? Festool 202112 DAB+ / FM Electric Bluetooth Site Radio 240V - https://www.screwflix..com/p/festool-202112-dab-fm-electric-bluetooth-site-radio-240v/6279V?tc=RB3&ds_kid=92700030658981556&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu5KOgorC5AIVC7DtCh39XwvUEAQYAiABEgJ4z_D_BwE

Is this like your one? Festool 202112 DAB+ / FM Electric Bluetooth Site Radio 240V - https://www.screwflix..com/p/festool-202112-dab-fm-electric-bluetooth-site-radio-240v/6279V?tc=RB3&ds_kid=92700030658981556&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1244066&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu5KOgorC5AIVC7DtCh39XwvUEAQYAiABEgJ4z_D_BwE
Yep I would defo recommend
luckily one of my mates co owns and manages a big boys toy shop (power tools , hand tools workware ironmongery etc) so I didn't pay that for it

God loves a trier @littlespark :D :p

I've noticed that every time somebody votes one way on the poll, another votes soon after and it levels out again to exactly 50/50. :D

Whilst they're quite low figures, plumbers seem to have DAB radios more than both tilers and sparks. Yet this spakry forum is definitely the techiest out of the three. So I don't know how that works. Perhaps that shows that DAB isn't always the future? Not sure. Maybe I'm looking into it too much :D

We will have to wait a few months until the figures have increased a fair bit. People don't come to our forums for DAB radio advice I guess. Still, will see eventually I'm sure. :)

think the reason plumbers have more radios is that they sit on their arses, counting their ill-gotton gains, and contemplating their navels a lot, whereas us sparks prefer to get on with the job. :p :p :p

View attachment 51911

FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The ElectriciansForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tiling threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting adhesive all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers climbing around with them (usually?), so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over ÂŁ200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself to see if you get a reply. :D

This one has gone down to ÂŁ20 Bush DAB Radio

Reply to FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And DAB Radio Recommendations Thread) in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock