Discuss Flashing LED's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a friend that has had 4 under cupboard LED Lights fitted. They are connected to an LED Driver - it is a 24V DC LED Driver 100W. However when they switch on the leds they just flash, Can anyone help with this and how to get them working properly? Thanks

Their best plan is to get the electrician who fitted them to come back and sort it out.
It's probably the driver at fault but could be a mismatch of driver to lights

Yeah they tried that and changed the driver, as thought it was faulty but problem still remains...

Tried what? Calling the electrician back?

It's could be a mismatch of driver to LED, incorrectly wired LEDs, a fault in the wiring causing the driver to fail, a fault in the supply to the driver, a dimmer supply being fed to a non dimmable driver

Of course he didn't, he is just asking on behalf of a 'friend' who had them fitted.

I do hope you aren't suggesting that someone would have a go at electrics, cock it up, then come on here for help to extricate themselves from the excrement.

Look fella's, this installation was done by an niceic registered electrician, it is only after the event My "friend" has asked me to take a look as the electrician that fitted them has moved out of the area. I mistakenly thought this site was for Helpful advice and not to make incinuations on my ability or honesty. Nevermind fellas, i'll do my own research seeing as you have no useful advice.

Look fella's, this installation was done by an niceic registered electrician, it is only after the event My "friend" has asked me to take a look as the electrician that fitted them has moved out of the area. I mistakenly thought this site was for Helpful advice and not to make insinuations on my ability or honesty. Never mind fellas, i'll do my own research seeing as you have no useful advice.

You have more than 10 posts - can you post a picture of the transformer? I suspect the LED's don't have a high enough load for the transformer!

How long ago were they fitted? Moving out of the area is no excuse, your friend should not have to pay to put right something they have already paid for within a reasonable timespan.
The title of this site should give something away, 'electricians forum', a place for electricians to gather and talk, not a free public advisory service.

How long ago were they fitted? Moving out of the area is no excuse, your friend should not have to pay to put right something they have already paid for within a reasonable timespan.
The title of this site should give something away, 'electricians forum', a place for electricians to gather and talk, not a free public advisory service.

Yes I agree he should not have to pay, and I am an electrician, I am just trying to put right someone else's shoddy work, I am baffled by it and I am on here trying to get some help. the original leccy is some 100 miles away now and not interested anymore. I would like to fix it for my mate as cheaply as possible so he is not spending a fortune on other drivers. As I Say there are four LEDs and are switched via a normal 1 gang switch - no dimmer. pics attached - hopefullyIMG_0919.jpgIMG_0920.jpg

It might have helped to give a bit more information at the start, or now even. Being an electrician helps, what tests have you carried out and what were the results?

Yes I agree he should not have to pay, and I am an electrician, I am just trying to put right someone else's shoddy work, I am baffled by it and I am on here trying to get some help. the original leccy is some 100 miles away now and not interested anymore. I would like to fix it for my mate as cheaply as possible so he is not spending a fortune on other drivers. As I Say there are four LEDs and are switched via a normal 1 gang switch - no dimmer. pics attached - hopefullyView attachment 31020View attachment 31021

Honesty at last. Your previous posts do suggest this too...

So just ring up Knightbridge and ask them FGS

It might have helped to give a bit more information at the start, or now even. Being an electrician helps, what tests have you carried out and what were the results?

To be honest I was just there to exchange a Fan for them and they asked me to take a look as an after thought asthey have never worked since being fitted, so I took a couple of pics and thought i would ask on here in case this is a common easy fixed fault. I have read some of the previous posts and will check the neutrals and connections etc, but I am beginning to suspect there are not enough LEDs for the driver.

Reply to Flashing LED's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net