Discuss flat down neutral to earth reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

aidley

Hi I have a flat down neutral to earth fault on a kitchen ring rcd isnt tripping and I have 30+megohms on the other ir tests! There is.extractor fan in the kitchen that has no fcu

What is the reading for the IR test N-E? are your tests carried out with the RFC conductors sill connected to the CU?

Would an extractor fan bring the readings between n-e down just thinking they may have spurred it off and im reading through that

I have isolated the leg thats down split the ring and put it on 2 20amp breakers so I can leave it safe till Monday!The leg thats down seems to run close to tge extractor looked inside and there is 1 x1.5 but no sign of a fcu so assumed it was part of the lighting circuit! If it has been spurred off the ring could this give me the strange readings

So you have identified the faulty leg, how do you plan on testing the RCD as that also needs to be replaced of there is a fault with it.

Reply to flat down neutral to earth reading in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Having a challenge understanding the concept behind why when you measure across line and neutral (live circuit) using voltage indicators we have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock