Discuss Flat Fire Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jon Hodgson

Hi guys just looking for a bit of advice on this or if someone can point me in the right direction of where to find the information I'm after.

I'm quoting for a set of 2 Flats and I'm wondering if I need to interlink the alarms together and if so the best way to do it.

Construction of the flats is timber frame with a mixture of a brick skin exterior and a rendered finish. There's no communal access 1st floor flat is accessible via an exterior staircase. With no communal access there isn't a landlords supply either.

Any help would be great

thanks

Well as they are self contained I was thinking smoke and heat alarms like a standard domestic install would be ok, but its the first set of flats I've been asked to do so I'm a little uncertain

Well as they are self contained I was thinking smoke and heat alarms like a standard domestic install would be ok, but its the first set of flats I've been asked to do so I'm a little uncertain

Fire alarms installations need to be designed, installed and certified by a competent person. Not just anyone can do it, totally different to fitting heat/smoke detectors ;)

:thumbsup

Bad terminology on my part there.
So what would be the suggestion here? Get a Fire Alarm system designed for this or that a smoke and heat detector setup would be ok?

Or point me in a direction of where I can get some more information.

Thanks

From your original post, there is no common or shared fire escape route, so my understanding is that the standard, standalone smoke/fire detection in each property is all that is required.

It looks like a new build, so the design spec must already have been approved - check with the planners/Building Control.

On a related point, remember that the ceiling of the ground floor flat will be creating a fire compartment, so if you are considering downlights........:cheesy:

Regards.

Fortunately there not going to be many and I only fit fire rated since I can get a reasonable deal on them.

The design is being finalised atm permission has been granted but there are still a few bits being sorted on the plans.

Reply to Flat Fire Alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock