Discuss Flat roof job in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

solgen

Nothing for months then this... any ideas welcome

Client has a large flat roof up about 10M it's got loads roof lights and a lift overrun area. If the panels are laid flat (not tilted) they can be laid next to each other and I can get the required number of panels installed.

What sort of mounting system allows this? Is there a ballast system?

look foward to suggestions

Thanks

Panels are often not warranted if they are laid flat, they are not efficient other than during the day in the summer, and they will not self clean when it rains, so we would not recommend it. However, if your customer does want to go ahead, you could make a aluminium frame and ballast this with the correct amount of weight after a structural calculation of weight requiements. We could help with this set up if required.

Alternatively you could use the Sunmount system from Solion, this has a 10 degree pitch I believe, and requires no ballast, or you could use Console from Renusol which needs ballast and has a 25 degree pitch.

Schletter have systems too, even increase the top rail height greater than the bottom rail creating a slight angle. I believe Jetion do not have a minimum angle for warranty...

No SolarCity we don't unfortunately, we do stock all of the Renusol systems though including Console. We have been in discussions with Solion and it is a good product to be fair, but not placed any orders to date. It is expensive when compared to Renusol and we are not sure how much demand we will have with the market as price sensitive as it is.

These plastic consoles, are there any limitations on their use? Do you have a link to installation guidlines?

poheZ, only just seen your reply, but if you want to PM me your email address I will send you the relevant info and some prices.

They are versatile and could not be easier to install. Only downside is you need a roof that is structurally capable of taking extra ballast weight. How much weight depends on wind load which is affected by factors such as the height and location of the roof and position of the panel on the roof relative to other panels in the array.

In most flat roof installations its the only option as you cannot go drilling through the roof's. I think its around 14KG per tray though so the weight soon builds up!

ballast system is needed here but also a structural report to confirm it will carry the weight

Reply to Flat roof job in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock