Discuss Flex outlet plate in Zone 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

djelectric

I have been searching section 701 but still cant work out the answer to this one..

Can you install a flex outlet plate in zone 2? Bearing in mind it is not switchgear nor current using equipment.. But is also not IPX4 rated.

701.512.2 mentions "installed electrical equipment" shall at least have IPX4 (zones 1&2).

Its for a towel radiator, flex into bottom of faceplate.. Fused spur and timer outside zones.

Can anyone clarify?

If this was for a towel rail for example and it can be done I'd put the switched fcu 'back to back' and take the flex straight through the wall without any further connection point.
But then again a small bead of silicon neatly applied around the edge of a flex outlet plate would improve the IP rating significantly. :)

If this was for a towel rail for example and it can be done I'd put the switched fcu 'back to back' and take the flex straight through the wall without any further connection point.
But then again a small bead of silicon neatly applied around the edge of a flex outlet plate would improve the IP rating significantly. :)

Did consider doing this but there's a radiator on the other side, can't avoid it. Might run a bead of clear silicone around the top and sides but leave the bottom so it can drain if water leaks through. Thing is, shaver sockets aren't ipx4 yet they're acceptable?

Reply to Flex outlet plate in Zone 2 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Is there such thing as a 2 Gang flex outlet plate, changing an existing heating system to a nest so no need for the programmer however it is by...
Replies
Views
Has anyone heard of company called Scimark making domestic switches, outlets etc? We live in a house built by David Wilson Homes who...
Replies
Views
My Current Setup (see image BEFORE.jpg): The wiring for my existing detached garage is shown (see image BEFORE.jpg). The house consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys New to forum and enjoying reading the threads, all interesting, so.. Looking to re-wire my kitchen due to re-fit and some of you will be...
Replies
Views
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/can-you-really-test-circuit-6-dan-jackson-fiet incasee u dont use liked in heres the article in 2 posts An...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock