Discuss Flex to LCMs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently on a job where we are changing a ---- load of old t5 panel lights over to LED, in ceiling grids.
Now all these are wired to central LCMs or the occasional Klik and the flexs are no more than 5m.
I feel like I should be throwing a few metal cable ties here there and everywhere to support them but am I right in thinking, as long as they're not getting damaged from the metal grid and they're as short as reasonably practible I don't need to support them?
Advice welcome as it's a time sensitive job and I'm second guessing myself here.

they are supported by the grid, which is steel, so no problem as long as there's no chance of damage to the flexes.

Reply to Flex to LCMs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views
Hi there sparkys! I work for a company who manufacture CT Clamps to measure current consumption. I'm a presales engineer, not an electrician...
Replies
Views
Came into work today with a fairly urgent requirement to install an instant hot water handwash unit in a small commercial kitchenette/servery -...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I've purchased Lepro 15m LED strip lights - product code PR410047-RGB-UK, and have fitted them at the top of the walls in my daughter's bedroom...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock