Discuss Flexible Conduit (N.Bundy job) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I hate the word containment,

Containment was what the networking guy's wanted the electricians to install for their ethernet cables, that's the first time I saw or heard the term used and that was around the early to mid 80's

I do not recall that, 6months to train just saying.
Yes it was six months, I worked with a few lads that had gone through it. It produced a bit of a mixed bunch some were willing to carry on learning once on the tools and became decent sparks while others had done it to avoid losing the dole money and had little interest in the job

When I was an apprentice, we rewired a lot of old Victorian house in Highgate London, the VIR's on some installations were surface in a wooden type channel which you could physical see them lying in.
Trunking?

Here's a few pages from one of my collection of old books.

IMG_20200816_155249.jpgIMG_20200816_155258.jpgIMG_20200816_155302.jpgIMG_20200816_155310.jpgIMG_20200816_155314.jpgIMG_20200816_155338.jpgIMG_20200816_155349_1.jpg
[automerge]1597590269[/automerge]
Missed a page

IMG_20200816_160354.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on the type of clip DD, they don't teach proper clipping these days at instant Sparky School, sadly bo longer considered a necessary skill, just pay up and pass the tests.
What's to disagree with? plain as the nose on youre face only you can't see it
[automerge]1597592981[/automerge]
They taught cable clipping correct dressing of cables on the course I did @Pete999....
Must have been a while back Mate
[automerge]1597593045[/automerge]
They taught cable clipping correct dressing of cables on the course I did @Pete999....
How long did it take?

Davesparks, those pics of casing and capping are great! I had a boat years ago where the cables were run in custom teak channels with teak cappings. The whole boat was built in teak, and the varnish-work was beautiful...the casings blended in beautifully, and of course you could unscrew them to add an extra cable (if there was room)...and they were fixed with Robertson screws too!

I recently clipped a 1mm HO7RNF around the outside of a friends house for some exterior lighting, spent time dressing it and ensuring clips were even and runs where straight. I went back a few weeks later to se my friend and I felt a great sense of pride. That feeling is well worth the extra Time and patience.
I agree... I always like to step back from a job and look at it aesthetically... look at it like a non-sparky might... and see if it looks 'nice'. Makes a big difference I feel. I've not watched many YouTube vids of sparkies work... but some don't even seem able to pin a cable up straight !

Reply to Flexible Conduit (N.Bundy job) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net