Discuss float switch diy help please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

floppy

-
Reaction score
hello, im trying to diy a float switch, the switch will turn on a 13.5w submerged water pump on, once tank reaches the level to turn the pump on.

I have bought the switch & it comes with a 12v relay board.float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202035_eBay - EletriciansForums.net float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202111_eBay - EletriciansForums.net float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202052_eBay - EletriciansForums.net

here's some pictures:

float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202035_eBay - EletriciansForums.net float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202111_eBay - EletriciansForums.net float switch diy help please Screenshot_20190406-202052_eBay - EletriciansForums.net

can anyone help me wire it please, draw a diagram for me?

can i replace the board with a AC relay? and have the switch directly turn on/off the pump via the float switch

thanks.

The markings on the relay suggest it is rated at 10A at 250v AC so it should be plenty man enough for switching 13w.

Can't say about the tracks on the PCB connecting the terminals to the relay but they do look reasonably substantial and like the relay, should be fine for a small load.

Sorry if I am missing something, but why don't you just buy a float switch

that's is a float switch, unless im missing something.

I think what @Matthewd29 is getting at is: Why don't you just buy a float switch that can take the current needed.
It's only 0.06A @230V

I think what @Matthewd29 is getting at is: Why don't you just buy a float switch that can take the current needed.
It's only 0.06A @230V

I do kind of touch on that, bit I guess ego gets the better of individuals around here.

yes that would be a far better idea, I didn't think you could get them, so thanks for the advice..

I would ask you professionals around here to point me into the direction of one, but, I wouldn't want to be felt like a lower class plonker again, for asking & seeking advice/help on a forum with potentially millions others all doing the same thing.

I do kind of touch on that, bit I guess ego gets the better of individuals around here.

yes that would be a far better idea, I didn't think you could get them, so thanks for the advice..

I would ask you professionals around here to point me into the direction of one, but, I wouldn't want to be felt like a lower class plonker again, for asking & seeking advice/help on a forum with potentially millions others all doing the same thing.

We are happy to help round here. (Except for me, cause I'm old and grumpy) but I'm sure someone will post one up.
Any info on holes size or max length of arm, or any additional info on it would be great.

My ego is too massive sorry, got to go now have to try and get my head through the door!

My ego is too massive sorry, got to go now have to try and get my head through the door!

Hope it's a double door....

Reply to float switch diy help please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock