Discuss Floor Light Help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi y'all,
First post on here,
One of my clients wants LED floor lights to replace their hallogen's. The floor is in the kitchen & is marble. The cutout current is a square, 150x150mm.
I've installed one to the client as shown:
F89FA3A9-F0A7-423D-B386-4016E2BC108B.jpeg

However the client doesn't like that slight rise the plate has. I can't seem to find a light fitting that fits the cutout and is thin & recessed (the 0.5mm-1.5mm rised ones or so)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Floor looks a bit ropey round that fitting...

If the customer has big pockets,i could tell you how to make that fitting flush,using a template,a router and a tile bore...probably best to adapt the original units.

Floor looks a bit ropey round that fitting...

If the customer has big pockets,i could tell you how to make that fitting flush,using a template,a router and a tile bore...probably best to adapt the original units.
This - but your call on reusing old or replacing. Not a terribly difficult job.

Put the old ones back? Change the drivers and led lamps?
Sadly, the electrician originally assigned to this site threw them away!

What kind of lamp was originally in it? Is the original faceplate still useable or is that what they want to change

Same reason as mentioned above.
I did actually order some custom made steel faceplates that are only 0.5mm thick, But these are too thin to be screwed down as the screw would pertrude slightly. I wish I could glue it but there'd be no access to inside.

....I can remember when we were all impressed with a bathroom,if it just contained soft loo paper...;)

This is in the kitchen mate. Not sure I would want lights in my bog floor..... What's the point?? Not sure about lights in a kitchen floor either...... I understand them being in the kick-boards but everyone to their own.

OP: How were the original lights fitted so that they were flush?

Sadly, the electrician originally assigned to this site threw them away!

Same reason as mentioned above.
I did actually order some custom made steel faceplates that are only 0.5mm thick, But these are too thin to be screwed down as the screw would pertrude slightly. I wish I could glue it but there'd be no access to inside.
Missed this post... Why not just trim the screw down then? Old pair of wire cutters, bam shorter screw

Reply to Floor Light Help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net