Discuss fluke 1652 or megger 1552 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ive never used the fluke so i cant comment but i use the megger on a regular basis and i find it fantastic!

does everything you want it to and i think it looks better than the fluke :)

i've got the megger(never had a fluke)
its easy to use.
not certain but when i bought it i think i payed a bit more for the version with the test probe
i've never used the probe in 9 months so maybe you can save a bit without it.
check that though but i think i'm right
otherwise its very handy. the rcd auto test saves a lot of running up and down stairs(i think the fluke has this too.)

Megger MFT1552 the one I have and I would recommend it. ;)

Never used the Fluke however other sparks I know who have used them have said that they sometimes get inconsistant readings?

I must admit I was faced with the same sort of choice when purchasing mine and had narrowed it down to three Megger, Fluke & the Kewtech.

I was very tempted by the Kewtech KT64 because it had a feature where all your RCD test results were on one screen - very handy and seem to match Megger features to a degree.

Kewtech KT64 Multifunction Tester

However gut feeling was Megger.........and happy!

To echo all of the above, never had a fluke but very happy with my meggar

got the megger 1552 good machine easy to use and clear results, but the croc clips are a bit pants and sometime the null readings need to be done a couple of times to get zero.

both meters seem very comparable but it was the megger that ended up the winner mainly because of the auto rcd testing, seems a neat little extra.
cant wait to have a proper play.
thanks for all the advice guys. ;)
flukey

Reply to fluke 1652 or megger 1552 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock