Discuss Fluke 1652b Multifunction Tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Going to buy this Fluke MFT 1652b from someone on eBay, can anyone tell me if this is a good tester can't find it can only find the C version or 1653

I know flukes a good brand and the person has looked after it very well

I am going to pay around £310 all in all is this a decent price?

Does the one you are looking at have a calibration certificate? There are so many second hand testers around I would only be buying one if it had a current full test cert or was priced accordingly. My last test cert cost me £65 so you have to add that to the price and take the gamble if it is within calibration and doesn't have any problems. Personally if you can afford the extra I would go for a new tester, you then know its history, the leads are okay etc etc. With second hand kit you can quickly rack up costs, a mate of mine bought a second hand tester, leads were giving faulty readings so had to be replaced at £28 and then he had it tested at £65 so added nearly £100 to the purchase price.

I got the 1653 instead for the same price which is also very good condition. It says +12 months calibration and leads in good condition so hopefully should be fine. I know it would be better to get a brand new one but money is a bit tight at min, will see how it goes

Thanks
Does the one you are looking at have a calibration certificate? There are so many second hand testers around I would only be buying one if it had a current full test cert or was priced accordingly. My last test cert cost me £65 so you have to add that to the price and take the gamble if it is within calibration and doesn't have any problems. Personally if you can afford the extra I would go for a new tester, you then know its history, the leads are okay etc etc. With second hand kit you can quickly rack up costs, a mate of mine bought a second hand tester, leads were giving faulty readings so had to be replaced at £28 and then he had it tested at £65 so added nearly £100 to the purchase price.

nowt wrong with buying second hand as long as it's in good nick and preferably with a current calibration cert.

Going to buy this Fluke MFT 1652b from someone on eBay, can anyone tell me if this is a good tester can't find it can only find the C version or 1653

I know flukes a good brand and the person has looked after it very well

I am going to pay around £310 all in all is this a decent price?

This is what I have found out so far I think 1551 or any base midle would be ok for D.E.I work I think but hey I know as much as you this is what I've found out by just looking

Good luck I've not bought mine yet

1651 & 1652 & 1662. Are Base models
1653 & 1663 are professional mid level ones
1654 & 1664FC ARE TOP IF THE RANGE

Reply to Fluke 1652b Multifunction Tester in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock