Discuss Fluke 1653 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparkydan

Hello

does anybody else here have problems with the fluke 1653 mine takes ages doing loop readings and alot of the time it comes up error 5 which in the instructions says excessive noise does anybody know what this means.

My old robin meter was much quicker and always done the test so im thinking of changing back.
Also how comes with the fluke you need to zero the leads on loop readings and you never with the old meters?

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got a 1652 and find if your not holding the leads on tightly enough then you get this error message, also try unplugging items of equipement that produces "noise"

yep the 1653 cant take ages for loop reading quite often comes back >2000 aswell, so annoying.

zero the leads for zs why? and how an earth do you do that with three probe leads??

You have to short out all 3 leads, my old robin EFLI tester never needed this so i assume the readings included the resistance of the leads but if i test the same circuit with both of them the fluke always seems higher even though they are both calibrated. Ive had the fluke for a few years now but i find it less hassle using the old robin testers not sure if i just have a dodgy tester but it has always passed calibration.

What are "noisy circuits" are they circuits which carry induced voltages being grouped with other live circuits?

Yip , I also have the same problem now i'm carrying two meters my Megger MFT as I have been having trouble with the Fluke 1653

Just had it calibrated and the 2nd test I done on the earth loop eas readind 0.00 when I used the Megger got 0.42 make one wonder this as using the plug lead !!!

got a 1652 but only have problems nulling( zeroing) leads.Have to minus the reading
all the time when doing continuity,pain in the arse,have sent testers back but still same problem.anyone else?

Yeah i had the same problem and it would never settle on a reading was calibrated twice then the third time i took it somewhere else they picked up on it and sent it back to fluke and they repaired it, been ok since.

Hi All

Had an visit from the NICEIC inspector today I put the question to him about the unstable readings from the Fluke and he agreed that most complaints are re the Fluke the Megger MFT appears to br more reliable
so now you have it !!:confused:

had the error 5 msg 3 times today on one zs test, really :censored: me off. and their wasnt even any noise. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just to add to this, couldnt switch the board of to test so was switching seperate circuits off.

doing insulation resistance and the tester wouldnt do it as it was telling me it was live but the cable wasnt, and all cables were disconnected from the board on that circuit, checked cables with multimeter aswell and they were not live.

very strange.

I have had induced voltage make my 1653 refuse to do a test, don't know if this is the case with you, but I've always been able to shut the whole lot down if I've needed to

thanks for that then, not just me,

yeah there is voltage getting into the tester someone and making it refuse to do insulation resistance, however it will do continuity of cpc, line, neutral, and r1 and r2 no probs.

impossible for me to switch the board off, im having enough hassle by just switching single circuits off at a time.

Be careful with your remote probes for the 165x as i have just had to replace mine and it cost £52.

The fluke is pretty much useless without it, my old robin testers and the new megger MFT start the loop test automatically seems the fluke is the only one that dont and its not easy pressing the button on the unit whilst holding 3 leads.

Reply to Fluke 1653 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock