Discuss Fluke 1653b, 1651, 1651b in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi tenheads,

I have the fluke 1653B and it has extra features such as phase rotation, ramp test for RCDs, interlink to a PC for downloads (that I have never used).

I have used the 1651 at college and generally it does all the basic stuff. The ramp test for the RCDs is usefull to see what the tripping current is, so you can get a view of where the bias of the RCD is and to see if it is balanced etc.

It really is up to you and what sort of testing you are likely to do.

I wasnt too impressed with the after sales service so it is wise to ask around. I have seen some nice test equipment and this is the right place to ask. Some of the guys will tell some intersting stories!

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

Rex

Very happy with my old and much abused 1651.....do wish it had auto rcd test as just been doing 3 floors...up and down up and down.......

That is the only feature I wish for on it!

Oh and just a point about an inaccuracy in the link above, my 1651 does a 250v IR

Last edited:
Hi tenheads,

I have the fluke 1653B and it has extra features such as phase rotation, ramp test for RCDs, interlink to a PC for downloads (that I have never used).

I have used the 1651 at college and generally it does all the basic stuff. The ramp test for the RCDs is usefull to see what the tripping current is, so you can get a view of where the bias of the RCD is and to see if it is balanced etc.

It really is up to you and what sort of testing you are likely to do.

I wasnt too impressed with the after sales service so it is wise to ask around. I have seen some nice test equipment and this is the right place to ask. Some of the guys will tell some intersting stories!

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

Rex
cheers rex i agree this site is excellent i log on all the time just to have a read about whats going on no matter how much you think you know theres generally always something interesting on here, and thanks for your input much appreciated mate
cheers
daz

Reply to Fluke 1653b, 1651, 1651b in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net