Discuss Fluke 2042 cable finder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

keith915

Any reviews/recommendations? Doing a hospital PIR with a few non-labelled un-marked federal electric boards... never seen DB's so cram full either!

Don't turn anything off unless you have written permission to do or an approved schedule.

Access will be very difficult if your working in the ward areas, get the nursing staff on your side they can be invaluable

Don't turn anything off unless you have written permission to do or an approved schedule.

What you do turn off make sure you are not interupting any safety services ie UPS

If you doing any plant circuits ie HVAC make sure if you have to isolate it will not affect patients, ie possitive or negative pressures in cancer wards

Make sure all your risk assements and method statements are in and been approved, make sure you are well insurured

Keep all work in patients area clean, make sure before you remove false ceiling tiles etc it is ok to do so

Take your time. be thorough and above all don't turn anything off unless you know what is going to happen when you do.

Make sure if your not involved in them, you don't go near fire alarms or emergency lighting.

Operating theatres, nightmare, most likely protected by IT systems, so again keep well away from them, unless you are competant on them.

If the DB's are crammed, then the cable finder can be deemed useless, as several circuits will pick up the signal where they are 'crammed' together.

Any reviews/recommendations? Doing a hospital PIR with a few non-labelled un-marked federal electric boards... never seen DB's so cram full either!

I'm out of the office now but I seem to remember a recall of some sorts of Federal Electric MCB's to BS 3871.

I'm almost certain that it affected devices that did not display a 'type' but only a current rating.

Have a search around, if I can find any further information, I'll post it up.

I have a choice between the fluke 87 or some other type of fluke meters for basic circuit analysis and must have a hold feature and also i might want a rs232 adapter

You're a spammer but quite a clever one using key words to jump into threads!

Cheers guys. What were you saying about permission again malcolm?! Lol

The area I'm in at the moment is occupational therapy so nothing too serious if I turn stuff off. The boards are going to be a nightmare if like you guys say the cable/fuse finders won't work with bunched upsingles...

Reply to Fluke 2042 cable finder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock