Discuss Fluke certificates - which do you use for new circuit? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I mainly only do the odd bit of minor works in relation to my AV installations (usually just a spur). A few small jobs needing a new circuit are coming up and it looks like after buying the Fluke 01 (new installation) book I also need to buy a separate one for the schedule of results (up to 24 ways) even though I'm only adding one circuit. Seems a bit over the top as these certs would cover anything up to a whole new board and rewire.

What do you guys use to certificate a new ring? Can you get a cert similar to the minor works form that's good for these installations? Half the information on the two forms is irrelevant for such a small job.

Cheers :)

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong section but it is a problem related to testing / certification. Please feel free to move if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
To be honest, i think most of us use the ones from our scheme providers.

You can download the model forums (like the ones in the regs) from the IET site for free.

Hi.

I can aprreciate what your saying but any new circuit run back to a consumer unit will need a full electrical installation certificate, not a minor works.

Cheers.

Musicmaster - yes, I have a fluke 1652. Lenny - I know a minor works won't do, I just wasn't sure whether I could get a similar cert for a new installation, instead of having to use 2 books when most parts won't need filling in. Just seems a bit ott so wondered if anyone else used a minor works type form, just with a few extra details on there.

Thanks Jason - just found them all on the IET site. How much money have I been wasting on fluke books!

Cheers

Adam

Last edited:

Reply to Fluke certificates - which do you use for new circuit? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock