Discuss Fluke err 1 message in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lucas123

err 1

anyone know what this means before i take it to my extremley expensive calibration expert
no manual and fluke website just gives me the manual for the fused test probe !!

I dont have a Fluke myself but sem to remember when i have used 1 in the past that error 1 maybe a fuse blown in the test leads or tester itself.

Fluke 165xx series MFT error codes:

Error 1, Self-Test failure. Return tester to Fluke service centre.

Error 2, Over-Temperature. Wait let tester cool down.

Error 3, Internal protection failure? Return tester to Fluke service centre.

Error 4, Fault Voltage. Check the installation, in particular, the voltage between N and E.

Error 5, Excessive Noise. Loop, RCD tests, switch off all appliances. Earth Resistance tests, move earth stakes.

Error 6, Excessive Probe Resistance. Put the stakes deeper into the soil. Tamp down the soil directly around the stakes. Pour water around the stakes but not at the earth electrode under test.

Fuse, Fuse in battery box is faulty.

top man markie !!
vermin616 i got a megger 1553 you wally i was trying to help out a young lad who had been passed on the tester and has just started out in the game
less attitude more helpfulness

top man markie !!
vermin616 i got a megger 1553 you wally i was trying to help out a young lad who had been passed on the tester and has just started out in the game
less attitude more helpfulness

How the hell was i meant to know that it wasnt your test kit?

:shakeyheadsmiley

How much does it cost to fix a tester with err1???

It depends on the actual fault. Error 1 faults can be split broadly into two categories:- 1) Hardware repair required, expensive >£100+; 2) Firmware update and/or re-calibration required, >£50+. Use a Fluke approved service centre when dealing with Error 1 faults.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem with my tester. Rang around all the calibration houses in the Newcastle upon Tyne area, as I didn't want to send it away to Fluke, there is a company called AMECal. They offer all types of repair and calibration services, I use them all the time now. They repaired and calibrated my Fluke 1652 with error 1 for £200+vat, a lot cheaper than fluke. I also had the tester back next day, a lot faster than Fluke. There turn around time is 2-3 days, it will depend on your repair and the availability of parts. Would defiantly recommend

ERR1 on the Fluke 1650 series is not one fault. It simply means that the tester has failed its self-test.
There are three categories of Err1:
Non clicking Err1's testers which have lost their Calibration constants. These require a small electronic repair and long recalibration procedure.
Clicking Err1's require the same lengthy recalibration procedure without adjustment, until the fault is identified and rectified.
10A fuse Err1's. The user fits the 10A fuse from the lead probe in place of the fuse in the base of the tester. In the event of live voltage being applied to the tester whilst doing a continuity test, the fuse is unable to blow, failing to protect the circuitry. Repairs on these testers normally involves replacing 20+ blown components and in some cases these are beyond economical repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
ERR1 on the Fluke 1650 series is not one fault. It simply means that the tester has failed its self-test.
There are three categories of Err1:
Non clicking Err1's testers which have lost their Calibration constants. These require a small electronic repair and long recalibration procedure.
Clicking Err1's require the same lengthy recalibration procedure without adjustment, until the fault is identified and rectified.
10A fuse Err1's. The user fits the 10A fuse from the lead probe in place of the fuse in the base of the tester. In the event of live voltage being applied to the tester whilst doing a continuity test, the fuse is unable to blow, failing to protect the circuitry. Repairs on these testers normally involves replacing 20+ blown components and in some cases these are beyond economical repair.

Welcome to the forum CTUK :), Feel free to use the forum and offer advice but if you wish to promote your services then please read our rules on advertising and self promotion, if you wish to advertise your services you can contact any staff and enquire about becoming a forum sponsor.

As this thread is 4yrs old with last replay 2 yrs ago I doubt we will see any further response thus the reason I will close the thread :).

Last edited:

Reply to Fluke err 1 message in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net