• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Fluke product recall....... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x
Electrician's Arms
Anyone know what the turn around time is for the fluke voltage tester recall?

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
It took about a week for them to send me a recall return slip after I registered. Supposed to be one to two weeks turnaround once posted back to them to receive a replacement.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
I've already purchased a T90 as a stand in for the duration :)

Baddegg

Electrician's Arms
Thanks SC yes that was my concern,bout time I had a back up set anyways....

Baddegg

Electrician's Arms
Still new to this electrickery stuff, that’s my first and only set, scary that they may have been faulty for the last 2 years!

SparkyChick

Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
Still new to this electrickery stuff, that’s my first and only set, scary that they may have been faulty for the last 2 years!
The thing is... is your using them properly (with a proving unit), the failure of the connection should manifest itself quite quickly :)

Baddegg

Electrician's Arms
I do have a proving unit,never had any probs with them....still shiny new set :)

Devonchris

Regular EF Member
I thought with the internal battery and self test facility a Proving unit was not needed with the fluke Txxx series.

Just got my email and return info today. Turn round time for mine is no problem as I only play with it in the garage. I do dream sometimes of being out on the tools thought. So if I have an install dream while its away that could be a problem. I had a difficult one the other night. Dot and dab plasterboard and I had no fishing rods. (Probably because i was reading something on here about them at bedtime). Never finished the job so i hope i don't dream I'm back at that job again or I'll have to buy some rods to get a decent nights sleep.

TonyMitchell

Electrician's Arms
I thought with the internal battery and self test facility a Proving unit was not needed with the fluke Txxx series.
But any self test wouldn't fully prove the device, in fact likely wouldn't prove the very scenario surrounding this product recall. Whereas the external voltage source is proving the device from one tip to another.

SparkyChick

Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
I do have a proving unit,never had any probs with them....still shiny new set :)
No, I've not had any problems either, but hey... new T150 for free with a 3 year warranty if you register... yes please :D

Devonchris

Regular EF Member
But any self test wouldn't fully prove the device, in fact likely wouldn't prove the very scenario surrounding this product recall. Whereas the external voltage source is proving the device from one tip to another.
The self test is a tip to tip test. I believe the recall is due to a faulty termination on one of the leads. It can make our break depending on the position of the lead, giving a false negative. So, in this case, the test was as effective as any proving unit.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.