Discuss Fluke product recall....... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It took about a week for them to send me a recall return slip after I registered. Supposed to be one to two weeks turnaround once posted back to them to receive a replacement.

Still new to this electrickery stuff, that’s my first and only set, scary that they may have been faulty for the last 2 years!

I do have a proving unit,never had any probs with them....still shiny new set :)

I thought with the internal battery and self test facility a Proving unit was not needed with the fluke Txxx series.

Just got my email and return info today. Turn round time for mine is no problem as I only play with it in the garage. I do dream sometimes of being out on the tools thought. So if I have an install dream while its away that could be a problem. I had a difficult one the other night. Dot and dab plasterboard and I had no fishing rods. (Probably because i was reading something on here about them at bedtime). Never finished the job so i hope i don't dream I'm back at that job again or I'll have to buy some rods to get a decent nights sleep.

I thought with the internal battery and self test facility a Proving unit was not needed with the fluke Txxx series.

But any self test wouldn't fully prove the device, in fact likely wouldn't prove the very scenario surrounding this product recall. Whereas the external voltage source is proving the device from one tip to another.

But any self test wouldn't fully prove the device, in fact likely wouldn't prove the very scenario surrounding this product recall. Whereas the external voltage source is proving the device from one tip to another.

The self test is a tip to tip test. I believe the recall is due to a faulty termination on one of the leads. It can make our break depending on the position of the lead, giving a false negative. So, in this case, the test was as effective as any proving unit.

I have two 110s as my first one developed 'the fault' but out of warranty (I assumed a 1 year warranty?). It would still indicate voltage present on both probes but would not do the continuity function unless the lead was held in a certain way which made contactinternally. Don't think the leds lit up either

Quick update,After contacting I received an email from fluke saying that as I bought my t110 from screwfix I can just take it back there for a refund/replacement....

If I had it Midwest you’d be welcome,I think fluke will send you a prepaid padded envelope to send em back though

Reply to Fluke product recall....... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock