• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Fluke T-150 problems in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

weps

New EF Member
I'm about to return my 2nd Fluke T-150 voltage tester for a free replacement under warranty after it failed with what appears to be a loose connection in the smaller (black) probe (failed with the same thing both times, push the cable going into the black probe to one side, it works, other side nothing). It's not been abused, only relatively light use but it's as if there's no cord grip in the black probe. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happening on this tester?

Fluke have been really good to be fair to them but if this model has some ongoing design problem I'll ask them to send a different model instead.

SparkyChick

Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
Hi weps,

Bit late I know, but how long have you had it? I have a T-150 that I picked up in June last year. It's not had that much use, but it's always being thrown around in my toolbag and slung round my neck when I'm working and well... now I'm writing this I'm thinking to myself it's gonna break now, especially if I says it's ok :eek:

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
Funnily enough I bought a Fluke 110, in replacement for a Di-LOG tester because a lead had come out of the Di-LOG, carp cord grip. No such probs with the Fluke.

ashg285

Regular EF Member
heard quite a lot of people complain about the t-150 model, i really liked the look of it but I've seen plenty of people say the resistance function isn't very good as it doesn't zero or zero correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.