Discuss Fluke voltage tester cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have 2 Fluke T150 and the cable broke on both and need to be changed.Is being 2 years now with heavy use so is not a surprise.
Dont want to use a normal flexible cable.
I have seen on Fluke website that is suppose to be a special cable to withstand the pulling, bending as much as possible.It is 2core and 0.75mm diameter.
Anyone knows what is the name for these kind of cables? I need only 2 meters.

I have 2 Fluke T150 and the cable broke on both and need to be changed.Is being 2 years now with heavy use so is not a surprise.
Dont want to use a normal flexible cable.
I have seen on Fluke website that is suppose to be a special cable to withstand the pulling, bending as much as possible.It is 2core and 0.75mm diameter.
Anyone knows what is the name for these kind of cables? I need only 2 meters.
Contact fluke and they should replace them. There was a recall last year on these instruments for faulty cable that caused premature breakage.

I dont have the serial number.The labels/stickers came out
Proof of purchase ? I'm sure they'll honour it as I think it was all T150s produced up to July 2018

Even if they don't, I'd honestly rather buy new than modify a device used for potentially life saving purposes.

It's unlikely the cable will be available anywhere.
Manufactures will have it made to thier own spec.
If it was available you'd have to buy a full reel.
No-one would stock it on the off chance someone would buy 2 mtrs.

If all of the above is wrong and you can buy it, the meter will need re calibrating with the new cable fitted.

Follow the recall instructions, it'll cost you nothing.
Fluke will be able to determine it's serial number without a label and if it's a recall model you'll get a brand new one in it's place.

If it's after August 2018 they'll probably give you a new one under warranty anyway.

Seems like Win, win, or win to me.

Worth considering silicon test lead cable.

Reply to Fluke voltage tester cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock