Discuss Fluorescent fixture installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guildive

DIY
Reaction score
Hello -

I am replacing an old fluorescent fixture with a new T8 one, and I wanted to confirm a wiring question.
The old fixture is wired per the photos attached, with a red and blue on one end, and two Romex pairs nutted together and attached to the tombstones on the other end along with the black and white wires from the ballast.

The new fixture I have has blue, red, and yellow wires going to the tombstones and a single connection point for the black/white wires that only leads to the ballast. Wiring diagram for the new ballast is also attached.

I’m assuming I just take the nutted white and nutted black wires from the two Romex cables and connect them to the new ballast, and I’m essentially done.

Just looking for confirmation that this is correct and no fancy re-wiring is needed.

Attachments

• F845CFC4-19FC-4139-B0B6-8EEBA30DD170.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 9
  • 4D9FCD9B-E70C-40F8-BA10-0809F66B2D46.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 9
  • FB9D5163-F782-4FD0-9D14-37CEB33E4110.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 9
Hello -

I am replacing an old fluorescent fixture with a new T8 one, and I wanted to confirm a wiring question.
The old fixture is wired per the photos attached, with a red and blue on one end, and two Romex pairs nutted together and attached to the tombstones on the other end along with the black and white wires from the ballast.

The new fixture I have has blue, red, and yellow wires going to the tombstones and a single connection point for the black/white wires that only leads to the ballast. Wiring diagram for the new ballast is also attached.

I’m assuming I just take the nutted white and nutted black wires from the two Romex cables and connect them to the new ballast, and I’m essentially done.

Just looking for confirmation that this is correct and no fancy re-wiring is needed.
You are correct and like you said join the blacks to blacks and so one

Reply to Fluorescent fixture installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net